Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Welcome 2009

The year 2009 will be a year of growth in so many ways--including growing as parents. Some how I always thought it would get easier at this point.

Lorin is still employed with EDS as of today. He has made it through several layoffs, and we hope employment continues to come our way. He was made the ward employment specialist at the Church--which will be an entirely new experience. Lorin has bonded closely with his snow blower. I think his official words were, "I hate snow." He has started to pray for spring.

Kaye started another year of DECA. The District 6 competition was held at Rochester Adams and 26 students competed. Of those 26 students, 13 received medals and will move on to the State competition in March. It is always fun to win. The students I have worked with this year have truly been memorable and helped me grow in so many ways. It is always fun to grow with people who love to learn. They motivated me so much that I returned to EMU to finish getting an English major. Another growing opportunity.

Chalsea decided to try and out run the snow and go visit Kevin in California. She enjoyed laying in the warm sun and going to SeaWorld. Unfortunately, she had to return to reality the following week.

Lisa is taking a break from school this semester and working full time at Fantastic Sams on Union Lake Road. Time will tell if she decides to return to school.

Krissy had a very memorable game when her WLN team played Chalsea's alma mater, WLC--coached by Chalsea's high school friend. The game was tied and then Krissy shot. It went up and in--winning the game by just one basket with only three seconds remaining. I took the picture while I was jumping up and down. It is not a great picture, but it shows both of our emotions at that moment.

We are starting to make plans for our trip to Idaho this summer. If anyone has great 50th Wedding Anniversary ideas, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment